Cate has worked as a psychologist for over 10 years and a speech pathologist for over 20 years in the following areas:
- Acquired disease and illness (Parkinson’s Disease, MND), oncology, including palliative care
- Mental health, general anxiety and depression
- Maximising communication
- Anxiety and disorders of communication and swallowing
- Aged care, memory, chronic health conditions and dementia
Education, counselling and support around the management of these issues has been a focus of Cate’s work for the past decade.
In addition to clinical work, Cate has worked as a GP Education Facilitator and is currently a Clinical Educator for the University of Qld. She regularly contributes to the Primary Health Network on palliative care, and volunteers in the area of Huntington’s Disease.
Experienced and completed professional development in the following techniques:
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Solution-focused interventions
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Brief intervention therapy
- Grief and loss in dementia
- Memory retention
Cate is available to see adult clients on Mondays and Wednesdays